Translate

Neighbor Gift

In the past few months, we have made friends with our German neighbors.  Rebecca, the mother is super sweet and speaks enough English that she and I can communicate pretty well, since my German still stinks. She has two adorable daughters that just happen to be the same age as mine.  Her girls, however, do not speak any English at all.  That does not stop them from being friends.  Either Rylissa is over there playing, or they are over here playing.  It has been a lot of fun, because Rylissa is now trying to learn some phrases so she can communicate better, and I can practice some of my terrible German on Rebecca (and hope she doesn't laugh at me)  We were recently able to introduce them to Stephen's Mint Truffle hot cocoa, because at Christmas the commissary sells it.  (Only at Christmas though, and it stinks because it's my favorite, and I can't get it any other time.... :(  )  So after they tasted it, they decided they loved it so much they begged me to buy more for them.  I love that I got to introduce them to something they just don't have.  Anyway, last week we made our traditional cookies tree goody plates and took one over to them.  This is what we got in return.




I can't wait to dig into the yummy looking treats.  They all look so delicious.  We're going to try them later tonight.  We also love the ornament, so pretty.  I'm so glad we have the opportunity to live off base and get to know the locals, because it helps me feel like I really do live in another country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Now you have a special memory for your tree. I'll bet the girls will pick up some German quickly by being friends with your neighbors.