Translate
Rubberbands
So it seems we are now to the part of this ordeal where Corben has to start wearing rubber bands. The instructions are that for the first ten days, he wears two rubber bands on each side, and we have to change them out 4 times a day. Pretty much after each meal, and right before bed. For the first few days, it was no problem, but he did have a few days where his head just hurt, and he couldn't stop crying. I can't say I know how he feels, since I never had braces, but this doesn't seem fun, poor kid. After the first ten days, he then wears one band on each side, but still we have to switch them out 4 times a day. It's a challenge to make sure it gets done, but we're trying. Failure to comply could mean headgear, and in a bad case, surgery, and we don't want either. This whole process is to pull his bottom jaw forward and help to correct the massive overbite he has. So yeah, you're entire bottom half of your skull is being reshaped, I guess that would hurt! Poor kid. He's doing really well with it though, and loves the bright colors he gets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment