Thursday was the Louvre! Neither of us are big art fans, but this was a must see, so we saw.

We ate lunch in the little food court area. I ate at the French Cuisine shop, and got special potatoes, and ham, and something else, I don't remember.

The entrance to the Louvre. I love the iconic pyramid made of glass!

Looking up into the pyramid.

The Winged Victory of
Samonthrace. Isn't this just a gorgeous statue? I had never heard of it before, and I immediately fell in love with it. It has so much presence.

The pyramids outside.

The Mona Lisa. Okay seriously, I still don't understand the appeal of the painting. I mean, I know it's famous and all, but it isn't really all that magnificent.... is it? Not to mention how hard it was just to get to a spot where you can take the picture. Tons of people just crowding in there. To get close enough for the picture you have to shove your way forward, and even then getting the shot isn't all that easy.

I got a little breathing room.....

Venus De Milo. Getting a shot of this was a lot easier than the Mona Lisa. I really like this statue, it's just so pretty.

Sphinx!

The Louvre Castle. I guess it was once a castle, and now it's this museum. At this point, to be honest, we were both a bit bored. Again, we aren't art people. We appreciate the beauty in things, but we saw the "famous" stuff, and well, we figured we'd seen enough. After this, we walked around the city, then off we went, back to the house, to get ready to head to the hotel, before we headed off home.
No comments:
Post a Comment