Translate

Vacation

Well, we made it. We decided on a whim to drive from Monterey to Utah in one day. We're trying to save money, and a hotel stay can get pricey with four kids! So we woke up at 4 in the morning, and left around 5:15. We figured the kids would just crash and that would be that. We were wrong. In fact they barely slept at all! In total we drove for about 16 hours. That includes all the stops we made for meals and bathrooms. Davin was awake for about 14 1/2 of them. He was wonderful. In fact all of the kids were absolutely wonderful on the drive. We barely had to get on them at all. There wasn't much bickering. Our big problems were when Tayzia dropped things and couldn't get them.

Of course by getting here, that means that Tim will be leaving. He leaves tomorrow morning. It came way too fast. Sure it's no deployment, but still. He'll be gone for about 12 weeks, and that isn't easy. It also means that to get back to Monterey, I'll be driving on my own. I'm not going to try to make it in a day, because that's just insane. I am not insane.... I hope. No, I'll probably do a two day trip. My plan was originally to stay for about four weeks, that may change, it may be less, mostly because I can't be away from home for too long. I don't like being out of my house if I can help it for long periods of time.

Anyway, that is my update for now. I don't know if I'll be putting pictures on because I'm borrowing a computer, and I don't want the hassle of downloading pictures, then having to transfer them to disc or thumb drive. Anyway, so for now, I'm here, and I'm about to send my hubby off again... :( Yeah, not too thrilled about that part. I hope to have tons of fun while I'm here. Hope to see lots of old friends, and family I haven't seen for a while!

2 comments:

Rindy said...

I'm sure you will have plenty to do with family and friends, but if you get bored, you should come visit me or we could go to the park or something. :)

Lizz said...

I don't know how you do it when Tim's gone. You are SuperWoman! If you want I can get you a discounted rate at a Marriott, just let me know where and what days you're looking for and I'll check for you.