Translate

Easter

It started with this. This would be the first time I've ever done egg decorating. Mostly because for the first several years, I had no clue what to do with the eggs after they found them. This year I made a massive potato salad with them. Yum! Anyway, you can see how "cool" Corben thought this was. He really did enjoy himself. He made a two toned egg, and was pretty proud of himself. The color kept rubbing off though, if you even touched the egg, you'd leave a big white spot on it, so I was rather frustrated with them by the end of the night.






After our egg decorating, and bedtime, the Easter Bunny got busy. Corben was given a new suit for church just before his birthday, so he didn't get new church clothes this year. We got him a T-shirt instead, and I think he was perfectly happy with that. Davin hasn't had real church clothes since he was a newborn, so I couldn't wait to put him in the new ones we picked up for him.






A close up of one basket. I am not a big fan of candy. I remember having stockings filled with candy, baskets filled with candy and giant chocolate rabbits, and valentines days were filled with boxes of chocolates. For some reason, it just makes me cringe, so we do a little candy, but other things. Each basket had book with an Easter Egg theme, two or three eggs with some candy in them, a chocolate peeps, new socks (Corben got Toy Story, Cars, Rylissa got Princess socks, and Tayzie got Dora socks... none for Davin, they were one size fits all socks, so way too big for his little tootsies) A play dough egg, and a chocolate bunny, but it was kind of small. I also made hairbows to match the girls dresses, so they got those too. Davin got some goldfish, a book, and some m&m's. He can chew now, so I let him have a mini size package of those. He LOVED them.




Reading Davins new book.




Then, it was on to the egg hunt. Each child was able to find 12 eggs, 3 real ones, and 9 plastic ones. All in all they got about 12 pieces of candy each, which in my opinion was perfectly adequate for my little ones. Do you like Tayzie's socks???? She put them on herself!





Rylissa had just gotten out of the tub, but had forgotten to rinse the shampoo out of her hair. So she looks a little greasy!



A beautiful Saturday! (We do our Easter Bunny on Saturday, so that on Sunday, we can think about Jesus and his resurrection without the bunny clouding the reverence)





Davin didn't collect eggs. We tried, but he was more interested in walking and running around.



Another shot, cause he's so dang cute!


After that we went to a friends home for the rest of the day. Tim got to go golfing with his buddy, while the kids and I stayed at their home playing with their kids. We ended up having a barbecue and playing the night away. It was a lot of fun! Too bad they're moving to Africa in 7 weeks..... sigh.




Sunday was foggy, rainy, and chilly. I had to practically bribe the girls to let me take their pictures in their new Easter dresses. That's Tayzie's cold face.







This is the best she'd give me.....




Davin is sure a snappy dresser! I think he looks so grown up in his new church clothes.





Finally, we didn't have a really big Easter dinner, but I did try a new recipe I got in this months Friend magazine. Bunny buns. When they are finished they taste just like the orange rolls. Well, mine tasted like lemon rolls, because I didn't have any oranges, or orange juice. they were great with lemon too. However, the glaze was so thin, next time I'll make it a bunch thicker. I like a gooey, sticky orange roll. They were super tasty though, and fun for the season!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

I wanted those same dresses! But they weren't on sale like the ones I ended up with. They look beautiful! Can't believe how grown-up Davin looks, and Corben cracks me up as always. Love it!