I haven't done much that is blog-worthy in the last week, but my kids have! First, ever since I got so sick with strep, my kids have been walking bugs. None of them have gotten the horrid strep bacteria, but they're sure sharing something! If one of them isn't coughing, another one is. Then we can add Tayzia's 103.9 degree fever that lasted an entire afternoon, and Davin's perpetually snotty nose, and we have one rather disgusting house! However, one day last week everyone seemed well enough, I was able to get out and see their teachers.
Rylissa was first. Now the grading system here is a level 1-5. 1 being poor, and 5 being Advanced. So Rylissa got 5's in reading, writing, and parts of math. Then she got 4's in everything else. Her teacher just loves her, and she's a joy in class.
Corben got 4's in reading, science, and history. He got 3's in pretty much everything else. Basically it's saying that he's performing at grade level. He took a test at the beginning of the year, that placed him in the top of the basic level. Today, he brought home another test they took last week, and he's now placing at the top of the proficient level, almost to advanced. So we know the kid is a smartie pants. His teacher really enjoys him, thinks he's a very happy, friendly kid, who just needs to slow down, and take a little more time!
Overall, super proud of my kiddos! It can't be easy to pick up and move, after you've already started a school year, but they seem to be adjusting pretty well! Here's hoping they continue to rock!
On another note, I'm heading up to Fresno in April to attend my first ever Time Out For Women. Never been, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. As a bonus, it just so happens I also have a ticket for that very same trip, to see Wicked! Yeah, very excited. I hear such wonderful things about it, and now I get to go see it. Kids and hubby are staying home, and I'm going with some ladies from church. I think it's about time I get a night away!
No comments:
Post a Comment