*My children are EXCELLENT travelers! True we've had some ups and downs during our many different stops, but during the actual travel time, they are amazing!
*Corben talks in his sleep..... A LOT! This kid has had conversations, yelled at me, counted to twenty, and called relentlessly for his cousin, all in his sleep. How did I not know this about my child? How is it he hasn't woken up Davin before now?
*Candy is an excellent motivator. Yeah, I am the mother of the year, but I bribe my children with candy. It makes for much easier traveling, don't you think?
*6 people make a LOT of laundry. I think I knew this before we left, but it's put into perspective when you only have enough clothing for a week, and you see the dirty clothes pile up, and become a huge mountain in just two days.
*Living out of a suitcase for 6 weeks STINKS. It literally and figuratively stinks. I'm tired of trying to keep all of our clothes nicely organized in our suitcases, and I am LOVING it when I find a pair of dirty underpants mingled in with the kids nicely folded clothing......
*No matter how much you love your family, and enjoy seeing them, being in your own home is definitely preferable.
*Going to the temple brings major blessings! (more on this one later)
*I definitely miss my friends, but I'm actually not missing Japan much at all, I think I was ready for a change.
*No matter how much time you have, you never have enough to fit in all the visits with friends and family that you want to make. You just have to realize you can't do and see it all, and not feel bad if you missed something. Hopefully the friends and family understand that too!
*Changing diapers every single time you stop while driving across two states is a MUST. Especially if you are cheap, and buy the not so absorbent non-brand name diapers that will leak out the second your child wets them.
*Fast food becomes absolutely disgusting after days and days of eating nothing but.
*Sometimes the cheap hotels (La Quinta Inn) are the best! The one we're currently staying in is so nice! It even has down pillows, and a down comforter on our bed.
*The kids are just as in love with Tac now, as they were when we left him four years ago.
*No matter how careful you are, you will lose socks.
*Tayzia likes to wear her socks on her hands. I bought her gloves, but they aren't as fun.
I'm pretty sure that I've learned more than that, but these I believe are the main ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment