Translate

Cannery Row

We spent one of our days with Tim home exploring a little bit. We ended up deciding to check out Cannery Row. I'm sure we could have stayed longer, and done quite a bit more, but we were out for just a bit, and still had things that we needed to do, so we opted for a quick trip.First, look at these waves! We didn't have waves very big unless there was a storm, so this is definitely different! It was so beautiful looking out over the ocean!

After wasting some money on a wax museum.... we decided to stop for some lunch. Since the hot chocolate and sodas cost the same, Lissa and I splurged...... matching whip cream mustaches! (anyone who knows me, knows I'm absolutely CRAZY over hot chocolate, especially the minty kind!)
"Life is like a box o' chocolates...." Yup, Bubba Gump Shrimp. When we eventually find a babysitter, I think Tim and I will check this place out.
After lunch we wandered through the shops, and we were going to get a Ghiradelli hot fudge sundae, but I had serious issues with spending 8 bucks a pop. Call me silly, but that day, it just seemed like a bad idea. Instead we went over to the Nestle shop, where ice cream and cookies prevailed...... at a much more reasonable price.
Tayzia picked out a rainbow M&M cookie
Corben chose a strawberry cone
Rylissa went super fancy with a custom built ice cream sandwich cookie. Two triple chocolate cookies (girl after my own heart) with cookies and cream ice cream inside. Tim also scored on the custom sandwich, with white macadamia nut cookies, and praline's and carmel ice cream. At that point I was eyeing the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Shop and their super fancy shmancy carmeled apples, and I went that way for some hand dipped mint oreos and a super yummy apple that I fully intended to share with the kids.....but somehow forgot.... :D

Luckily for me, this place also houses the aquarium, which we will be buying season passes for, and visiting soon. It is also about a 10 minute drive from our house, meaning during the summer, when Tim is off enjoying France, and I'm left behind, I can take the kiddos and stuff them full of cookies, chocolate, and ice cream, whilst filling their brains with aquarium knowledge....... Anyone want to come with me? (seriously.....Anyone?)

1 comment:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

You're so cute! I loved your descriptions. I'm glad you found a fun area to visit.