Translate
Tillamook Cheese
We spent our three recovery days in Tukwilla, and then we ended up heading down close to Oregon to stay with an old friend of Tim's Kristen Hess. She was kind enough to open her home to us to stay for a few days. Her home was our base of operations, and we planned a few things to do from there. The first thing on our to do list was head to the Tillamook Cheese factory and get us some squeaky cheese!

It was a long drive, and the kids were great during the whole thing. We made our way over to the building and got ready for some cheesy fun!
Going through the cheese line, then looking for the squeaky cheese!
We also had to have some of the famous Tillamook ice cream! Oh my it was so yummy! Corben chose RootBeer Float to try. This is the kid who won't try anything, and here he is scarfing down the new flavor. He was finished before everyone else!
Davin chose to eat some of my Mint Chocolate Chip. I think he was very excited to have ice cream. He kept leaning toward me trying to get some more.
Lissa got a special dipped cone, and enjoyed some Rocky Road fun. She'd say things like "I don't sea any marshmallows" then take a bite, and "oh, there was one!" She did that with the nuts too. Funny girl.
It was so cute, we had to get another shot of Davin eating my ice cream. Tayzia had mint chocolate chip as well, and Tim had a Cashew Praline ice cream. We all enjoyed the ice cream so much. I also picked up a few flavors of the Tillamook fudge.
At the end of the day though, I left feeling like this. You see, apparently they knew I was coming, and removed all squeaky cheese from the shelves. There were large signs posted saying "No Squeaky Cheese Today". I guess I'll have to make a trip to Logan to get my cheese curd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No squeaky cheese?!? How can that be? I would have sad too. Still, it looks like a yummy adventure. :)
I love that you are feeding Davin ice cream & it is not one of my three boys!!
Post a Comment