Translate

Farewell Tim

On Friday, Tim had not only his last day of work as a maintenance officer for the next two years, but his farewell party. We headed out to the Tee House restaurant. It's a cozy little place, at the top of a very large hill that overlooks the flightline. We've eaten there several times, it's inexpensive, and quick, and the food, well, it's okay. I've never actually found anything I really really liked, that is until today. Today I had their BLT wrap, and it was so good, I'm sad it took me this long to discover it. Anyway, we had a nice lunch, and chatted with all the people that came. Rylissa was with us, because she had a fever that morning, so I couldn't send her to school, but the other kids were at some friends homes, so it was nice for me too! After lunch we had a little farewell speech and gifts were given. This is Major Harvey. Oh man, do we like him! I'm so sad we only had a small time to get to know him (and his wife, who is really nice!). He said some very wonderful things about Tim, and so did our squadron commander, Colonel Brown. (in fact, he said some very nice things about me too!).

This was the very BIG gift that Tim received, that he was so excited for. It's a gun barrel. It's a real gun barrel, from one of the planes. The entire thing was put together in shop, for Tim, and is a really special gift. He's so excited to put this on display! It's really nice. I tried to get a good up close picture, but this camera is just not up for the task, so I'm sure Tim will get a good shot one of these days with his awesome camera.



Every time someone shook Tim's hand, he was given a coin. All the chiefs that were there, from the different shops gave him one, as well as the commanders. I think he got a total of 7, and some are not given easily. He was very touched by what was done for him. We stayed, chatted, said some goodbyes, and then it was time to come home. After all was said and done, he realized he's really going to miss working with these people. In just over a week we'll be saying our absolutely final goodbyes to the base, and the island, and it's going to be very hard. We're so excited for the new adventure, but it's hard to leave this one!

No comments: