It's been a tough week in our house. Have you ever just felt like you just can't take or do any more. I kind of feel that way right now. Things I don't want to think about keep popping up everywhere I look. Sometimes you think that when one thing goes wrong, other things might just fall into place. Maybe when today you have to deal with "this" then those other bothersome things might just be a bit easier, and yet it seems that it's not working that way at all. We have so much hanging over us right now. Some of it is stressful, some of it isn't. Yet just knowing that it's there, waiting, needing to get done, or something that you just have to sit back and wait for resolution on. What about those things that happen, that you have no control over, but they're there. Then what about the things you do have control over, but for some reason seem so much harder... or defiant... What about things that come up, that came from nowhere. It blindsided you and you can't do anything to fix it, all you can do is hope, pray, and wait. I'm sure everyone has felt this way. I can tell you one thing, this week has opened my eyes in ways I never though they'd be opened. Life brings surprises, not all good, not all bad, but they're there, and somehow, we have to learn to adapt, and deal. Thankfully we are blessed with a life that no matter what happens, we never have to go through anything alone. Everything that happens to you, someone else has had happen to them, and that is comforting. Knowing that you are never alone in anything! Thank goodness for that right? How lonely would this world be if we had no one to turn to when we needed to? I'm so grateful for friends and family, for the Lord and the blessings of comfort that He gives. I'm thankful to my family, I love them all so much. We are thinking of all of you.
My kids start school next week. I'm so excited. I think we're all a bit sick of each other after this long summer! They'll be in school for about 4 weeks, before they're pulled out and we move. They'll be out for over a month, before they can start again. Hopefully we'll be able to keep up with what they need, so they don't get too far behind. We're very excited for our trip back though. It should be so nice to be in Utah for a little bit, seeing family and friends. Visiting the temple again! I'm very much looking forward to that.
On top of school next week, I'm starting my moving preparations. I believe that Wednesday will be a painting party, so if any of my awesome friends here would like to head on over, I'll be providing some sort of sustenance while we paint over the murals my kids have made on their walls! :D I'll be going through my entire house removing the clutter that we no longer need, and probably making many trips to the thrift store. I'm very excited because it means I'm just that much closer to making my way to our new home, and new adventure!
Thanks for listening! :D
4 comments:
What truth! I've been thinking those same things this week, about how the only constant is change, and we never know what is going to happen so thank goodness we have the support systems that we do and the Atonement. Thank you for your thoughts! Love you guys!
Angie,
You know I love you, and you are so popular, you have always had a ton of friends who care for you. I have been thinking of you this week, and hoping things are alright with your family. I know exactly what you mean about things sneak attacking you and feeling alone in the suffering. I am a very private person, so maybe not everyone knows my personal struggles, but it is good to know my friends (and family) love me. I hope you find some peace, and good luck with the kids starting school.
Good luck with the house preparations and I hope everything falls into place for you!
Hang in there Honey! We love you so much!
Although we all have free choice, I do think other things happen beyond our control for a reason--even if we can't see that reason at the time.
God watches out for us and sometimes things happen to make us stronger. Sometimes adversity brings us all closer together.
I can't wait until you're also closer geographically!!!! We're counting the days!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment