Well, we're off to a lazy start! Okay, well, not so lazy. The kids are learning to do chores, which is really hard on all of us. I mean they have to clean up after themselves, but now, they're really doing things, like their own laundry, dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms etc. Of course
Corben and
Rylissa are both super tiny, I tried to teach
Corben how to empty the trash, and he was all for it. The problem is he's too small! He couldn't lift the bag out of the can, and even if he could have done that, there's no way he could get it in the can outside!
Rylissa almost fell in trying to get the laundry out of the washer into the dryer! I mean it's funny, but I still have to do a large majority, they just have to help.
Last week was a hard one, I got super sick during the week, and spent most every day in the house. I only left if I had to, and even when I was out, I was feeling terrible. I'm pretty sure it was a side effect of something, not me actually being sick, but it was rough.
Tim and I went and took a class and became
Nitrox Certified. I can now rent the enriched air tanks at any scuba supply. I don't know if I will. The main benefit is to be able to do multiple dives during a day, you get much less nitrogen in your body by using
Nitrox, and so you get more dive time. I however, don't really plan to spend an entire day diving, I have 4 children, one dive is fine..... for now. Not to mention you have to calculate how much nitrogen is in your body, and the percentage of oxygen you have used throughout the day, and really there are tables and math, and I don't have a dive computer..... yeah, headache just thinking about it!
MaryAnn and the kids came over to play, and so did
Davin's girlfriend..... yes you heard me! Davin and Kassie are betrothed.... I'm determined that one of my children must marry one of
MaryAnn's kids. Okay so really we're not that weird, we do know someone though, that played as babies, and got married in college.... there could be worse people for in-laws!

Davin and Kassie get along pretty well! They were slobbering on
each other, laughing, looking and scratching! Such fun.

I finally got my
Kokeshi dolls I've been wanting! Around Christmas this guy was selling some hand carved
Kokeshi's (meaning kind of pricey!) and I saw these. I fell in love with them, but didn't want to spend the money on them. Later, when the vendor was gone, I felt like I'd missed an opportunity. I have a small resin nativity set I got for Christmas last year, and a friend has a full
Kokeshi nativity set that's cute, but these, well I just fell in love with them. So I was so happy to see the vendor back again! I walked by for days, thinking I'd get them on the next paycheck. Yesterday I saw them, and there was ONE set left. I couldn't put it off any longer, so I just got them! Aren't they great? I couldn't be happier!
1 comment:
How exciting!! I wish I had the time to get nitrox certified with joe but it didn't happen. so when are you guys headed our way? What's going on? We hope to hear from you soon!! I am no longer on facebook, but you email me any time. Good luck with everything! (and I love the kokeshi dolls!!!)
Post a Comment