Translate

Farewell Teacher

It's finally here. The end of the school year. Can you hear me breathing a sigh of relief? It's been a tough one, and a great one. Rylissa had a tough teacher. Too tough for Kindergarten I think. She was very focused on academics, which is fine, but Rylissa had so much homework and busy work. It was difficult for her, but she survived, and I survived! Corben on the other hand, had a wonderful teacher. He had a rough start. There were problems, and issues that had me in tears at times. His teacher was so great. We had several conferences, and between the two of us, we found ways to try and work out the issues, and wouldn't you know it, a few months into the school year, he was doing great. She was so positive, and willing to help with anything! We really liked her. At the end of the year, he not only hit where he was supposed to be to move to 2nd grade, he surpassed it! We are so proud. So to say thanks, we made a special gift for her. I got this idea from a friend, and thought it was so clever! I think this will be a great gift for any teacher! So thanks Mrs. Moss-Beaman, for making this school year one that Corben really enjoyed and grew from! (I thought of getting a picture of them together, but I forgot my camera, and didn't have time to run home and get it. I might have one somewhere, but if not, maybe I'll get one when they start back up in the fall....)

No comments: