Translate

Easter

I can't believe that it's Easter again already! I swear the years are going by faster and faster, this means that Rylissa is a year older, and Davin is almost 4 months old! It also means that if our plans hadn't been changed, we'd be moving in a matter of weeks! Easter was so busy this year. It just so happens that the day before, was Lissa's birthday. We changed our routines last year, and we decided that we will start making sure the Easter bunny visits on Saturday, so the children will understand the real reason for Easter, and focus on that on Sunday. So It was a HUGE day for Lissa, getting her Easter basket, and being able to do and egg hunt, then getting to have birthday fun!I am a sucker for new Easter clothes. Every year the girls get new Easter dresses, and the boys (I love being able to say boys!) will get new Easter vests, or sweaters, or something for church! This year I decided not to be all matchy matchy. The girls dresses are the same, but different colors. The boys both got new blue vests, but they're different as well, so we won't all look exactly alike, but we'll look like we belong!I think they're looking for the candy....... I didn't put very much in at all, just a package of M&M's (snack size) and a fund dip (also snack size). I'm getting really tired of all the candy that is forced upon us in the holidays. I remember getting MASSIVE chocolate bunnies in our baskets. the kind that would take days to eat, I for some reason, have really dreaded that, so instead of a large one, each kid got a small, candy bar sized bunny, and we only let them have a couple bites each day. I don't' know why, but I'm really really nervous about a ton of candy lately, so I'm trying to find new ways to make it fun, without the candy.One thing we did, was go to the 100 yen store, and pick out a ton of silly little things to put in the baskets, like the bunny ears.....everyone liked their bunny ears!We then went out and hunted eggs. It was a dreary kind of day, so we did it quickly, in case it started raining. It didn't. Each kid found their allotted number of eggs.There were a few pieces of candy in the eggs, but some were empty, and the kids traded those in for some teddy grahams, and they each got a bottle of juice. Doesn't he look studly? This isn't his new vest, his new one was so big, it went almost to his knees. I got him a size seven, and I don't know a single seven year old that it would have fit! Please disregard the messy house, I took these in the rush of getting kiddos ready for church, and so it wasn't a very clean house.... :)
My little precious girls, aren't they so cute? Maybe I'm biased, but they make those dresses look good!
His whole outfit is new, he grows out of his clothes so fast. Everything on him is 3-6 month, except his onesie, which is 6-9 month. He's not even four months old yet! CRAZY!
We had a beautiful Easter Sunday. It was conference in the states, but we get the rebroadcast, and so that will be next week for us. So we headed off to church, where we noticed lots of super hyper kids! I spent my time in primary, as I always do, and while it was noisy, and silly up there, it was still fun. We sang Easter songs, and songs about Jesus, and when we came home, we made sure to talk to the kids about the sacrifice that was made for us, and how wonderful it is that we will get to be resurrected like Jesus was. it was a beautiful Easter!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You sound so organized! I still can't believe you have 4 kiddos. I like your idea of all the Bunny stuff on Saturday. It's hard trying to make it meaningful with all the other stuff going on.