12 years ago, I was sitting on one of my best friends beds, with a phone in my hand. I was trying so hard to pluck up the nerve to ask this guy out. Oh did I have a crush on him. We knew each other, and had spent some time together, but I don't think he knew how much I liked him, most likely because I was 17, and still in high school, and he was a 23 year old return missionary. Yeah, I like them older I guess! I finally did it, I made the call, and I was so nervous. I asked him out, and he said YES! I hung up, and screamed, and cried, and well, just about everything else a silly teenager does when she gets a date with her "dream boat!". We had that date, it was wonderful! I was in heaven the whole night! (The night ended with me breaking curfew and getting grounded for a month!) It was about six months after that, we got engaged, and six months after that, well, we got married!



This is probably one of my favorite wedding pictures, something about being surrounded by the white, makes me think and feel eternity. That's what I have, eternity with my soul mate! Happy Anniversary my love! I can't believe it's been 11 already, next thing you know, our kids will be married, and we'll be off somewhere celebrating our 50th! I can't wait to see what the rest of eternity is like!
5 comments:
I can remember when you guys started dating!! Happy Anniversary!
I was just thinking the same thing Liz said. He was there that night you gashed your foot open at the Rose Wagner Theater. Why do I remember that? LOL! Anyway, congratulations on 11 years and Happy Anniversary!
So cute. Congratulations!
How exciting! Congrats on 11 years! You definitely haven't changed much! :)
Happy Anniversary!! I too remember in High school when you guys started dating..how time flys!
Post a Comment