My parents flew home on the 27th. I was pretty much dreading that day. I mean everyone loves to have company, and then see company go. It's always nice to have your home back, but I was scared. I didn't want to be alone. I mean from the moment Davin has been born, I haven't really been alone. I had help at the hospital, I had help over the few days after I got home. I had one day, where no one came over to help, but that was the day my parents were flying in, and the kids were in school. So I knew once they left, I was on my own. It scared me. They had a fairly early flight, so we all piled into the van and drove them to the airport. I was actually doing pretty good, until Tayzia started to cry. She absolutely hates to see people leave, and she was really loving on Grandma and Grandpa. I made it home without too much incident, and got the kiddos ready for church. Yeah, let the battles begin! It took so long to get them all ready, then to figure out just the right time to feed Davin, so he wouldn't scream on the way to church, but so that I wouldn't have to get up right after sitting down to feed him again. I was very happy though, I made it through church without incident. .... well Rylissa did have a bloody nose in the middle of sacrament, but she was able to get up and take care of that herself. So I was happy about that.
This last week we've been trying to get back to "normal". It's not easy. The kids still had a week before school started again, and so we pretty much found ourselves at home, every day, all day long. The thought of even trying to go out, all of us together, was scary. I did make one grocery shopping trip, and one trip to the BX with all of us together, but it was so hard to keep track of Tayzia, because Davin is the new proud owner of the stroller. It stressed me out big time. So we shut ourselves in the house, and planned to do everything we needed when school started back up.
So now, my new normal is waking up several times a night, feeding a baby at all hours of the day. Planning my schedule and activities around him. 2-3 loads of laundry A DAY. Dishes, meal cooking, cleaning, and all of this added onto everything else you have to do to make a house run. My house is messy, except the moments I have to clean little bits here and there. My kids are eating pretty much whatever they want, because I don't always have the time to prepare a meal, and yet we all seem to be pretty happy. We only have a few more weeks left, before Daddy is home with us, and things will get a bit smoother! So for now our normal, is a bit crazy, but we're all good!
1 comment:
Sounds like my "normal" when Howard left this summer and Luke was still really small. It's tough but hang in there...you can make it!
Post a Comment