Translate

Explanation

I think I've stirred up some confusion about this little baby coming our way! I keep telling everyone how I just can't wait to have him be born, or that I'm done, or that he just needs to get a move on! I've also been telling people for the last week that I'm down to about any time now, even though, (they point this out) that my due date isn't until the 18th. Well, I have good reason to believe that I could go any day, that is because I've never made it past 38 weeks before! Corben was born 21 days early, and both of the girls were born at 38 weeks. So knowing that this one is a boy, at 37 weeks, I started to get nervous, that maybe he'd be like his brother, and show up way early..... Then 38 weeks hit, and he still wasn't here, but my body sure wishes he was! So of course, my expectations for this little guy, aren't being met! I was hoping to have him already, and start enjoying him, but it seems he has other plans. However, I have exactly 5 more days, and he'll be coming whether he wants to or not, since this Friday I'll be having a scheduled c-section. Hopefully though, he'll follow his siblings examples, and show up a bit earlier than that, but at this point, I'm feeling a bit doubtful.
I'm definitely ready for him to get here though. At this point, I've been pregnant longer than I ever have before, and I think my body has completely shut down. I can't believe how much of a difference in energy, ability, and pain I'm having this time around. My back is always hurting, which hasn't ever been a problem before, then add to that the stretching of my c-section scar from last time, which is also new to me! Then the newest issue, sleep! I can't sleep, my legs go numb, no matter how I lay, and I always wake up with numb, then aching legs! Getting up, after sitting, is very difficult, and it hurts, and of course the ever present Braxton Hicks, that never seem to do anything except cause me discomfort! Maybe it feels worse than it is, because on top of that I'm the 24 hour go to parent, and so I feel more exhausted. Maybe it would have been like this for all of them, if Tim had been gone for those too, I don't know, but I tell you I'm definitely ready. This guy could come right now, and I'd be perfectly content to start the sleepless nights (I already have those!) and the diapers, and feedings, and crying. I just really want to meet this little guy, and start showering him with all the love that we can possibly give him! 5 days to go..... hopefully less! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Helaman & Maija Haynie said...

I so agree with you! Not that pregnancy isn't wonderful (right...), but it gets to the point where you just don't want to be there anymore. Anything would be better than having to heave the belly everywhere, walk like a penguin and have people ask constantly if you're having twins... Hang in there! Five days. But I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me! :)