Translate

Pretzels

I seem to have a lot of time on my hands lately. Funny, because at the same time I always feel like I'm very busy. Hmmmm wonder how that works. I've recently discovered the wonderful world of food blogs. I scroll through them and salivate at all the wonderful food that I would love to make, but can't because I would be the only person eating whatever it was I chose to cook. However several of them are in my "favorites" category on my browser and I check frequently for something fun. Well, yesterday something fun showed up. Pretzels! Oh how I love soft pretzels. I have my favorite brand, Auntie Annies, and then Pretzelmaker. These ones were advertised to put Pretzelmaker to shame. Well, while I don't think they were that good, they definitely were tasty. I'm sure part of my problem was I used margarine instead of butter (shame shame) and I didn't have real pretzel salt. Anyway, they were fun to make, but they're huge, and I'm the only one who ate any! I guess I should only make these if I have company huh? If anyone is interested the recipe is Alton Browns from Good Eats on the Food Network. I LOVE that show, and his recipes!

1 comment:

Rindy said...

Well, Little Miss Cake Decorator I have a couple recipes for you that your kids will love and that you will probably make adorable. Let me know if you want them. ;)