Translate
Pinata
Rylissa's class did a fun activity to celebrate Spanish Heritage. Her teacher had each of the kids make pinatas. The plan for the class was each child would make a pinata, then they'd make a very large one that they would destroy as a class next week. They started working on them a little over a week ago. On one of the days that I go in and help out in the class, I got to fill the kids pinatas with candy, and work on the large ones. They were so cute! They blew up balloons, then covered them with liquid starch and newspaper. Then they painted over them. Out of all the balloons in the class, sadly, Rylissa's was the only one that actually popped while drying, and so her balloon shaped pinata, ended up rather bumpy and slightly deflated. I felt bad for her, but then though, you know what? Hers is unique, and doesn't look like anyone else's Furthermore, she hasn't said a word about the weird shape it was, so she must not care one bit! They got to bring them home on Friday, so today we strung it up and whacked it to pieces!
Yes, she actually tapped it once, that bat was pretty heavy for her, but she loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so fun. Tayson really enjoyed that activity last year too. I love that last picture of Rylissa, she is so beautiful.
Post a Comment