Translate

Callings

Wow! That is all I have to say. Being in a small branch, has been quite a change from being in a large ward. In Alaska, we had a very large ward, and so it was very unusual for someone to have more than one calling. In fact we thought it was insane when our primary chorister had 3, all of which were music callings. So it was a bit shocking when we got here and we were loaded down with callings. When we were in the Awase branch I was a primary teacher, branch choir director, and the enrichment leader. I loved every second of all those callings. When we had our boundary change, and we moved over to Gushikawa, I ended up as a primary teacher for a long time. It was nice, just a small simple calling. That changed very quickly. Currently I am the primary chorister, which I absolutely LOVE! I can't get over how much fun it is to hold a musical calling! I am also the branch choir director, which I also love (although it would be more fun if we had more male singers....hint hint hint....) Funny how that works! Sunday though, was a huge shock to me when I received yet another calling, that I can't wait to dive into. I was called to be the second counselor in the District Primary Presidency! I just couldn't believe my ears! I mean W-O-W! I am so excited, and can't wait for some fun stuff to start happening, but right now, all that's going on will be the primary programs, which I not only get to be a big part of in our branch (chorister) but I get to visit the other branches and watch theirs. It should be a load of fun! Not only that, but it's also a nice busy calling to help me keep my mind off the four more months of no husband! I think the most humorous part of this was that when I was asked to stand to be sustained, they for some reason called me Victoria Stokes..... hmmm... No biggie, but then I found out that one of the other branches also called me Victoria, but as far as the others go, it was good old Angela! Funny.

5 comments:

Jessie DeMille said...

When we lived in Alaska a lot of people had more than one calling because even though there were a lot of members, not very many came to church every week. Sounds like your very busy!

Rindy said...

WOW is right! Good luck. I hope you enjoy it.

The Aguilars' said...

You were Angie in ours. I am excited for you. I am bummed we are leaving though.

Anonymous said...

Angie I must give it to you. I don't think that many people would sound as excited as you do to receive more than one calling...me including ;)Nice work!!

Christina said...

Wow! That is exciting! The sad thing is: even in Utah when there are more members than there is water, we still get more than one calling!
I am really excited for you and your new endeavors!