Translate
Making Cookies
Rylissa loves to help. She loves to help with anything, and everything. She loves to come in the kitchen when I make goodie trays for people, or when I'm making my cakes. The problem is, when I'm making something for other people, especially my cakes, I have a hard time allowing her to help, because it's not something we'll be eating, it's something for someone else. I should probably do more just for us, so she can help out, but I haven't been so good at that. For the past couple of days she's been asking to make cookies. Since we had no plans to go out anywhere today (Tim has Saturday's off, so we get to talk...) we decided to make cookies together. I also decided it was about time I actually document us doing something like this together.
Rylissa was so excited to help make the cookies. She grabbed her stool and said "first I have to wash my hands." She even let her sister stand on the stool with her, so she could wash her hands. (This stool is a sacred item to the girls, you wouldn't believe how much they fight over it, it's absolutely insane...)
adding the butter and crisco.....
cracking the first egg.... knowing this could probably get messy, I had her do it into a separate bowl, in case of any shells
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was super cute Angie!
I'm glad you make cookies with your daughter to. It is so much harder but how do they learn. Today at Susans I had all of the neices and nephews making cresent rolls wish someone would have taken pictures of that it was a hoot and the rolls tasted great weren't my prize winning rolls in shape but still they were devoured.
Post a Comment