Translate

Posting issues

Okay, I really need to post, but we have had so much going on it's been hard to sit and really take the time. In fact right now, I'm planning to try and put together a few posts of our entire week last week! First however, I thought I'd just explain why it's taken so long! We just got our Internet back up today, after 4 days.... again. Of course this time it wasn't the company's fault, it was ours, well technically it was a strangers fault. You see we couldn't pay our bill, because some wonderful well meaning stranger decided to steal my debit card number, and go on a shopping spree with about $1500 of our hard earned money, leaving us with zilch! We discovered this, while shopping at the BX, it was rather embarrassing having our card decline, when we're positive that we had money in the bank. We rushed home to discover the theft, and immediately called and cancelled my card. Now we're just waiting (very impatiently I might add) for the bank to reimburse us. Of course, we have family in town, so this puts a very large damper on our fun, because our money has been stolen! (well, we do have a credit card, thank goodness, we can use for emergency's, but still.....) Tim's parents have been very understanding, and have been happy to go to free places, and play rock band. We're hoping that within the next 3 days we'll get our money back. It's frustrating though, because all the purchases were online, so they not only had my card number, but my access code on the back, and our billing address, which makes me wonder if it's someone we know. I really hope not. On a happier note, we were finally able to get our Internet back up, and found out we cancelled the card quick enough that most of the purchases are still "pending". So while only two went completely through, the rest are in limbo somewhere, meaning we can't use that money, but neither can they. Now we just have to see what other action we need to take, to hopefully make sure the responsible party suffers the consequences.

1 comment:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. That's too bad and very frustrating. I hope you're able to get it all figured out soon.