Monday, we spent the morning in the heat getting some much needed yardwork done, then went to the Botanical Gardens. It was much warmer this time around, and by warmer I mean, sweltering! We were all so HOT! IT was beautiful though, there were different flowers out this time.
Translate
Botanical Gardens
The day after Tim got home was Sunday. We spent it rather quietly. We went to church, and then we celebrated Father's day, since we finally had Tim home again, and JD was here as well. We cooked a very large Steak dinner, and opened presents. The kids picked out a fun shirt for Tim, and we got him the Scene It Star Trek game. Yeah, we're trekkies.
Monday, we spent the morning in the heat getting some much needed yardwork done, then went to the Botanical Gardens. It was much warmer this time around, and by warmer I mean, sweltering! We were all so HOT! IT was beautiful though, there were different flowers out this time.
JD and Terrie in the boat.
We took one look at this statue, and just knew that we had to capture it forever! What more can I say about it? hee hee hee
In the brief few moments we let Tayzia wander free, she had fun pointing at all the flowers within her reach. She also liked the water!
I can't pass up an opportunity to have a picture of me with a frog, what can I say, I like frogs! Rylissa thought it would be fun to stare this frog down.
Grandma and Grandpa with the Shisa.
The forest part of the gardens was under construction during this visit, but they did still have the butterfly area. This time around, there were plenty of butterflies. Rylissa was so gentle, she loves butterflies.
Butterflies are attracted to the color red. Almost as soon as we walked in, they started landing on Corben, which in turn freaked him out and he started screaming. He didn't want them to land on him at all. Then after watching the rest of us hold them, he decided he was ready. I love this shot, he really enjoyed holding the butterfly after he got used to the idea! Thankfully, the skies grew a bit cloudy, and the heat dropped, so the last part of our adventures were more comfortable.
Monday, we spent the morning in the heat getting some much needed yardwork done, then went to the Botanical Gardens. It was much warmer this time around, and by warmer I mean, sweltering! We were all so HOT! IT was beautiful though, there were different flowers out this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment