Sorry, I have no pictures for this post. I figured I'd take pictures of Corben's T-ball, when I was sure he was going to have fun with it. So next time. That's right, Corben started T-ball last night. My friend Steffany and I had this big plan to get Corben and her son Jonathan on the same team. You see they were on the same team last year, which is how we all became friends. Steffany married the assistant coach during the season last year, and he decided to coach this year, so we worked it so they could both be on CJ's team. Sadly due to a medical emergency, CJ and Steffany were sent to Hawaii, with no hope of return. Corben is still on CJ's team, but with no CJ, and as of last night no Jonathan. However, there was another familiar face from last years team, and so that was a comfort. Corben had a good time, his throwing seems to have improved, and this summer, we vow to work with him outside of practice, to help him increase his skill. We had one fun moment when the coach that was there started looking for a kid named Peter's parents. No luck. No one stepped forward to claim this Peter kid. Then it hit me, I asked her to point him out, sure enough, it was Corben. He's decided he wants to be called Peter (as in Peter Parker) rather than Corben, and has taken himself to introducing himself as such.
Today, I finally managed to get the energy up to take the kids to the beach. We thought about it yesterday, but had other things happening that prevented it. I looked outside, it was windy, but sunny and beautiful, with clouds keeping it from being too sunny. We packed up, headed out the door. My first clue that this wasn't a good idea should have been when the wind kept picking the towels up off the sand and blowing them away, or maybe it should have been when they wouldn't allow umbrella's to be put up for shade, because of the wind. However, I tend to be a bit clueless, and set us up anyway. We lasted all of ten minutes before kids were screaming about the horrid sand blowing into their faces, eyes, and all over. Tayzia has decided that she absolutely detests the sand, and will do nothing but sit on the towel (great for me, I don't have to chase her all over!) however, when the sand won't stay off the towel, it's not so great for her! Corben seemed to be the only one having any sort of fun. I told them that this wasn't working, and promised them a trip to the ice cream store. On our way home, I pulled into the Big Dip ice cream shop. It's a Japanese place I'd never been to, and always wanted to go. Of course, the building it turns out, is under construction! They had a small shack set up outside, where they sold ice cream cones. Again, not getting a clue, I get each kid a cone with one scoop (minus Tazers, she shares with me) and I got a cup. By the time we reached the car (maybe twenty steps away) the kids have ice cream running down their arms, and dripping all over their clothes. We strap into the car, place the sandy beach towels on their laps and proceed to finish our ice cream drinks. Thankfully, I've taken to keeping a canister of wet wipes in the car, just for sticky messes, and so we were able to at least clean up our hands. Strike two for mommy's fun morning. I pull into Burger King, grab us some lunch, and come home. Nothing goes wrong with the Burger King lunch (except I really don't like the smell of it), so at least one thing went right. However all that said, I'm in a better mood than I have been in, in days! Funny how something that can work out so completely wrong, can really be fun. I almost wish I'd taken pictures of the ice cream mess, but because of all the sand everywhere, I decided I'd better not open up my camera!
This just in, looking like a nice tropical storm is headed our way. I use a website called tropical storm risk, and it shows all the storms/typhoons happening. This one just showed up today, called Nangka. It looks like it will pass by Okinawa at the end of the week, beginning of next week, which wouldn't bother me, except my in-laws fly in next week! Oh well, at least it's not a typhoon ....... yet (knock on wood!).
1 comment:
Ummmm, what site is this you look at? Do I need to be worried that I won't be getting back?
Post a Comment