Translate

Celebrating Corben

Ah, it's birthday time in the Stokes household. Each year, Corben gets to start off our festivities. Here are some facts about Corben

Corben was due on April 12, 2003, he was born on March 21, 2003.
On our way to the hospital, we almost turned around to go home, because there was no way I could really be in labor, three weeks early.
I was supposed to go into work for my last day, and baby shower, the morning he was born, my co workers brought my baby shower to me in the hospital that evening.
Corben was born 30 minutes after we arrived at the hospital. (good thing we didn't turn around huh?)
I was in labor for about 3 1/2 hours total.
My water broke before we got to the hospital, but we didn't know that until we were at the hospital.
Corben was a whopping 5 lb 9 oz.
Corben was delivered by our bishop who was actually leaving to serve as a mission president on April 12th. ( I'm glad he came early)
Corben had a cone head for about a week, due to the fact that even though he was small, he was still vacuumed out.

I love this picture, taken on an old camera that you stuck a floppy disk into. You know, the really advanced (at the time) digital camera? The scale says 5 lb 9 oz exactly. He wore preemie diapers for about two weeks, then he went to Newborn for quite a while. He's still tiny.The hospital he was born at offered a variety of prenatal classes. You paid $25 for each, then if you gave them the receipt when your child was born, they gave you a gift certificate to the Layton Hills Mall in the same amount. We used ours to get his very first pictures. This is him at 3 weeks. Doesn't he look so smart?In his fascination of spiderman, he created his own mask, out of his underwear. I have many pictures of him with his underoos on his head.Ah Corben, where does the time go? Just yesterday I swear you were spitting up, crying, and needing a diaper change, now you're reading, writing, making friends, playing games, and growing so big. I can't wait to see what this next year will be like for you! We love you so much. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wow! I forgot that you missed your baby shower! :) That was funny!

Happy Birthday, Corben!