Translate

This week in a nutshell

This week has been an interesting one. Tim left for Texas on Saturday. He'll be there until the 13th doing some training. He will then fly to Utah on the 14th and stay with family for a few days before coming home to us. It's not bad, we don't mind. I'm watching chick flicks and playing with all my new found cake decorating ideas. However the kids aren't quite as pleased. Corben keeps insisting that we need to go pick up daddy, and I keep insisting that we will, when he's done.
Sunday's are never easy, but they are even harder when Tim is away. Since I'm choir director, we go to church at noon, then stay for Sacrament that starts at 1, and of course our other meetings. So we are at church for 4 hours! Without Tim there to help, we get a bit tired and cranky. This last Sunday was pretty bad, just because we had lots of confusion, and changes that really ended up giving me a headache. It was nice to come home, eat a bowl of cereal and crash on the couch!
I had the last two classes for my fondant and gumpaste class this week. Usually we have them once a week, but the instructor had an injury, and we had to miss one, so she made it up this week. That means that Maryann was imposed upon to watch our kids TWICE this week for 3 + hours. Not to mention that we walk to and from school each morning and afternoon together, and they had us over for Family Home Evening, and we're probably going to tag along with them to see the cherry blossoms this weekend. I'm sure they will be absolutely sick of us by the end of this week. Oh yeah, and I start my next cake class on Tuesday.........
On that note, I've been working out hard this week, and while I'm not seeing any difference yet, my body is KILLING me. I have sore muscles where I didn't know I had muscles. What's up with that? I'm more than halfway to my original goal of losing 40 pounds, so I just have a little more to go, and of course it makes it that much harder to do it. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Glad you're hanging in there with Tim gone. Your cake is really amazing! I need to get on the wagon of losing weight, too. (As I sit here eating!) :)

MaryAnn said...

Are you kidding, we've had so much fun with your kids! I've been amazed that Keira and Rylissa have done so well together though. There hasn't been any fighting while they've been together here. :) Pray for good weather tomorrow, right now they're saying it's supposed to be windy again, but not too cold (mid-60s).

Oh yah, and the cake is as good as it looks!

Totally Tumlin said...

I am envious! I would have loved to be the recipient of that cake, but it sounds like the much deserved prize went to the right person! Hope you guys are hanging in there without Tim for the time being. That is so cute that Corben insists on picking up daddy. They must really love their daddy! Take care!

Totally Tumlin said...

I'm envious! I would have loved to be the recipient of that cake, but it sounds like it went to the right person. You do an amazing job on your cakes! Hope all is well with you guys while Tim is away. Sounds like the kiddos are missing their daddy, how sweet!