Okay, imagine this if you will. I've been gone for 3 weeks now, and not only me, but the kids are very excited to go home. They miss daddy, they miss their friends, and mommy misses her routines. So here it goes......
Saturday morning: I'm staying at Tim's parents house. His sister lives there with her two boys. Her youngest wakes up, and throws up. She keeps him isolated for several hours, and not only does he not get sick again, he's running around as though nothing happened. The consensus is he's fine. The kids and I come over again later that night for a birthday party for Tayzia.
Saturday night: I finally get the kids to bed, I'm so excited to watch a movie with my in-laws and just have a break. Tayzia wakes up, and I have her with me down stairs, when she throws up all over me. I'm talking exorcist style puking! Not once, not twice, but three times. I'm up almost all night cleaning up after her, and she's miserable. All I can think is "what next"
Monday: We're getting close now, just a couple days before we come home. Tayzia is all better, the kids seem fine. I got to my brothers house to play! Halfway through the day I start to feel sick to my stomach. No big deal I don't throw up, it's just indigestion. (I haven't thrown up since the 1st grade!) I'm not hungry, and food sounds gross, but other than that I'm fine. We're about to go home, when I get a call, my dad is sick, he's throwing up. I need to go stay with Tim's parents, to avoid bathroom issues. Fine, we call, set it up, and are walking out the door when..... Corben pukes all over my brother's kitchen. Now what do I do? I can't go to my home, I can't go to Tim's home, or else I risk spreading something. Corben's crying in the bathroom, and my wonderful brother and his wife offer to let us stay there, puking and all. Okay, this will work, it's just Corben. I feel yucky, but I have a strong stomach. We call the neighbors, get blessings done on Corben and Me (I really want to go home, and I need the health of our kids to do so) We get the other kids in bed, Corben's sleeping on the bathroom floor, and all of a sudden, I throw up. I NEVER throw up. It took me by surprise. Great, now I'm sick, Corben's sick, what next? I'll tell you. Tayzia wakes up, my s-i-l grabs her, so I can rest and you guessed it! She throws up on my lovely sister in law. I'm telling you, this has been a vacation. Rylissa spent a day in the bathroom, Corben fell down the stairs, walked into a corner, and shoved his teeth up into his own lip. It seems that no matter where I go, puking ends up being involved, and you'll never guess what. When I decided to come home this morning I find that my mother is sick as well.
It's Tuesday evening, I'm supposed to leave tomorrow, and at the moment, everyone is relatively healthy. Hopefully my prayers will be answered, and we'll make it home with no more illness. Oh, and so so so so so sorry Blake and Lisa if you get sick as well......
3 comments:
We'll pray for you too! Can't wait for our favorite Stokes friends to come home!
Best of luck on that!
BTW - Thanks for the "good luck" on my luck bout my boy! We're excited!
I am so sorry. I hope you're all feeling well again. You've definitely been missed. See you soon.
-Kara
Post a Comment