Translate

Air Force Ball


Saturday night was the Air Force Ball. I'm usually very excited to go to these. It's a chance to dress up fancy, do my hair, kind of like prom , but I get to go home with my date! This year I wasn't as excited as usual. Why? Well, because I didn't think I'd fit into my dress. I bought this dress in Alaska, and wore it to the ball there. It wasn't a loose fit back then, but it was comfortable. I've had a baby since then though, and that changes things. After Tayzia was born, I couldn't even pull the dress on, let alone try and zip it up. I worked out, and worked hard, and then the moment of truth. Let's just say I SQUEEZED into this dress. It took some work, but we were able to zip it up. Normally I think I'd be overly embarrassed to say that we could barely zip up the dress, but hey, I lost a lot of weight to fit into this thing, so I'd better be proud! It was tight, and slightly uncomfortable, but it was great to go to the ball! Doesn't my date look handsome? I had fun trying something new with my hair, and I wore lipstick, which I never do! They had dinner, and a very good speaker. He was a man who on his third tour in Iraq was disabling an IED when it exploded. He lost his sight, and his arm, but his outlook on life is amazing. It was really great to hear about his experiences. His wife also had the opportunity to speak, and it made me feel proud to be and Air Force Spouse. I hope I never have to go through what she had to go through, but I know that it is so important for me to support Tim in all he does. I also know that if anything were to ever happen, the Air Force will be here, to take care of me, and help me out as well. It was a great evening. We had photos taken there, so when I get them, I'll put them up. That's not the best picture of us, but it's the only one I have.









2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

You look great! And I can't wait to see more of your dress, it's gorgeous!

Jay and Kara Barney said...

You look beautiful! How fun. I'm glad it turned out to be a great night for you.