Translate

Am I lucky or what?

Tonight I went to the KOSC Hai Sai. It's basically a membership drive for the Kadena Officer Spouses Club. I was a member in Alaska of the EOSC and I really liked it, so when we got here I assumed I would join, but I never heard about it. It wasn't until this week that I finally found out there was a KOSC, and that I could join. I was excited. So tonight was the membership drive, and I wasn't sure I'd even go. Tim was in school, and I couldn't find a babysitter. Maryann (bless her heart) offered to watch the kids so I could go (thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!). I went, and did my paperwork, then walked around and visited all the booths. All the different organizations from around the base show up, and put up displays and try and get you to join their clubs and groups, or be a volunteer for them. They gave away little gifts, or flyer's and information. They also had a lot of drawings. I don't even remember what drawings I entered, I just knew that an hour later, I was leaving, and giving my raffle tickets to another friend who was staying because they hadn't called my numbers. Well an hour after getting home, the phone rings, and it's someone from the KOSC saying I'd won the grand prize! Apparently this was something that had nothing to do with the raffle tickets, because they had my phone number! I asked if they would be there for a while, then woke up the kids, jumped int he van and drove back to pick up my prize, and here it is! This beautiful hand carved bench from Thailand. I am still in shock, I don't win things, and here I won the grand prize! It has earned it's place in our home (this thing is way too nice to put outside!) and the kids can't seem to stop sitting on it!

5 comments:

Haiku Amy said...

Cool, I hope some of your luckiness rubs off on me sometime.

Melissa said...

Wow! That's gorgeous Angie!

MaryAnn said...

Okay, the answer is yes, you are extremely lucky! It's beautiful! Now aren't you glad you ran out of excuses and had to go?!

moaspen said...

Score! It's beautiful! I'm a little jealous :)
~shiloh

The Kailing Family said...

hey angie, i don't know if you remember me or not, i was in dance company i think the year after you graduated, anyway, i hope you don't mind but i happened upon your blog from Courtney Childs, and I was walking down memory lane with all of your Okinawa adventures. I lived there in 1996, i think, wow it's been along time anyway...hope all is well there for you and your cute family