Translate

Shuri-jo Castle Park

This is the second floor of the building, it's called ufugui. We are in front of the center of the floor, it's called Usasuka. This is used for formal ceremonies.The king's throneOverlooking Ueki Gate, look at that view!!!
This is Suimui-utaki. It's one of the sacred sites in the castle compound. Legend says that this was created by the gods themselves. I love the Shisa, and I love how everywhere we go they have them, and they all differ so much.

Catching butterflies along the castle wall.
I felt bad for the kids on this one. They try to make it more kid friendly by giving them a passport book. Each place we stop, they get to put a stamp on the page. If you get all the stamps you get a prize at the end. Really though, besides stamping the pages it wasn't too fun for them, because they couldn't touch, or climb, or run, or do anything the kids love to do. It was especially hard when we would be wanting to read and really look at the displays. It was tough. If we come back, we probably won't bring them. I'm sure they enjoyed parts of it, but I think it's more an adult friendly place to visit. Oh, and yes, the kids got their prize, it was a sheet of stickers, that were replica's of the stamps they put on their passports.

No comments: