Translate

Cicada


Last year, we were out in our yard gardening, when we saw this monster of a bug on our wall. We looked at it up close and discovered that it wasn't a bug, but the "shell" of a bug. We couldn't tell if it was just a carcass, or if the bug had shed it's skin. I took a picture, sent it to my mom and asked her to identify it for me. Sadly, the picture wasn't very good, and at the wrong angle, and she couldn't. I figured I'd lost my chance to find out what this gigantic creature was. So imagine how excited I was to see another one, a year later, but moving! I grabbed the camera and made Tim take a picture. That was yesterday, today, it was the same shell I'd found a year ago. I came to find out by my Okinawan friend Ryoko, that this was indeed a cicada! Large buggers aren't they? Now if only I could get a picture of the giant fruit bats that fly around at night!

No comments: