Translate

ANTS................


Okay, now it's time to rant and rave. I HATE ANTS! You know, I think we have it pretty good here, we live in a great house, we have a huge yard, we live on an island, and yet, these stinking ants just tick me off! So here's the story, we have ants. Everyone here has ants. These things are teeny tiny, and they get in EVERYWHERE. It didn't bother me so much last year, because you'd see maybe 10 or so a day in the kitchen, and then there would be some in the dining room cause the kids would drop their food everywhere. Now, however they've gone too far. First let me say it's no fun to pick your baby up off the floor where she having fun because there are ants on her. Not too many, thank goodness, but it's still disconcerting. Anyway, these ants are relentless. They come in through the electrical sockets. Not just around them, through them. They come in the holes where the prongs fit, and they come in while things are plugged in! They crawl all over the wires, and then they take food back through there. You block one outlet, they come through the next. We have ant hotels everywhere we can put them, where the kids can't get them. Yesterday after finally blocking off the last place I thought they were coming in, I walk in the kitchen and there are dozens all over my counters. They are now coming in the plug behind the stove! So I pull the stove out and spray, oh boy do I spray. Tim asks what I'm doing and I say "I'm spraying these suckers so I can sweep their carcasses up and get rid of them, these STUPID ANTS! My house is not an all you can eat buffet!"
So now, after all this effort (it's taken well over two weeks to find and destroy these creatures) I seem to be almost ant free today. So until they decided to find another outlet to use as their personal subway, this rant is officially finished!
By the way, how come they don't get electrocuted coming in the outlets? That would solve all my problems wouldn't it?

No comments: